Hello all… I sure like writing that word Spring and we are starting to feel a bit of that in “ The Mitten” ! Just wanted to give a few updates and new of big doings coming up, so you can mark them on your calendar!!
Soup’s On held in February was a great success and lots of fun ! We had about 40 people there and 12 entries of delicious soups!! The winners were 1st place Sheila Mahon for her Cuban soup 2nd place went to Teri Van Scheltema for her Mulligatawny and 3rd place to Anthony Doucette for his Chicken Dumpling soup. Congrats to the winners!! We have some very talented soup makers in our midst!! Thanks to Tracy Marciniak and Sherry Teldaldi for putting this tasty event together!!
We are receiving 5 to 10 requests a month for assistance. Here is a sample of some people we have provided assistance for recently.
- We provided glasses for two elementary boys, whose parents could not afford them. One of the boys wrote an adorable thank you note saying how nice it was to be able to SEE!!
- We also provided for a single mom who is presently unable to work due to serious illness. She has two children and is waiting a transplant. We provided her with $1,000 to help defray the costs for a house payment utilities and food. She was sooo appreciative!
- We provided a down payment for a disabled couple so they could get Section 8 housing. They had been living in their car, most of the winter. Theyare now involved with Social Services and are getting the help they need to improve their lives.
These are just a few of the people Cow Hill has helped…
Last year we expended close to $38,000 to help others in our community. Thank you for your continued support and help with fundraising. It makes such a difference!!!
- May 7th Derby Party-4:00 PM – Come watch The Derby with us! Donation bar, games, appetizers and fun. We will also be having a Best Hat contest this year! More details soon!!
- May 15th – Sunday – Annual Golf Outing at Clearbrook Golf Course. Please mark your calendar. We will have golf, a great raffle, food and cocktails!! Steve Phelps and Rick Thompson are heading this up.
- Registration starts at 2:00 pm
- Shotgun Start at 3:00pm
- $30.00 per player
- $10.00 per person just for dinner
- Limit to 20 teams
- Sign up at The Butler by May 1st..(must pay at the time of signing
- Dinner to follow at around 5:00pm (Brats, Burgers and other goodies)
- Raffle to follow
- Remember you don’t have to play golf to have fun!! See you there! The raffle was great last year!!
- Fishing Tournament – WE are sponsoring The Annual Fish Tournament this year in August . I will be sending out an update very soon of ways you can be involved.
Tracy Marciniak is developing a volunteer form, so we can get more volunteers. Remember our biggest fundraiser Venetian Festival is coming up and we always need your HELP!!
Remember Annual Dues are due. They are $15.00 for a one and $30.00 for a couple. Please send them to Cow Hill Yacht Club P.O. Box 554, Saugatuck MI 49453 Thanks!!!
That’s it for now… Be watching for updates on events and …THINK SPRING!!!!!!!
Over and out…… JUDE